Heat is measurable and can be produced using electricity. The energy that is produced from an electrical heating system is considered a key source of energy. Immersion heaters are a key component in many electrical heating systems, such as those used in the oil and petrochemical industries.
Immersion heaters can be used to heat liquid, gases or air. These types of heaters are installed in tanks or vessels to heat the liquid or gas around the heater. They meet the needs of many industrial heating applications. That is why these heaters are appropriate for petrochemical and many other industries. There are three types of immersion heaters that provide efficient heating capabilities of liquid and gas mediums:
- Circulation Heater: Circulation heaters utilize an immersion heater installed in a pressure vessel. They heat flowing water, oils and gases.
- Flanged Immersion Heaters: Flanged immersion heaters can be installed inside of pressurized tanks to heat industrial liquids including; heat transfer fluids, water, oil, or corrosive solutions. It may also be used to heat hot water storage tanks, boiler equipment, food processing equipment, or rinsing and cleaning equipment.
- Over-the-Side Immersion Heaters: Over-the-side immersion heaters are used to heat liquids such as, water, oils, acids, salts, or solvents.
Benefits of Immersion Heaters
- Stability: Immersion heaters deal the precise quantity of heat required to ease the application. They are able to endure extreme environmental and weather conditions, while having a longer heater life than a similar heating system.
- Safety: Immersion heaters have no moving parts, they do not have an open flame and they do not produce exhaust fumes that must be factored into other heating system designs.
- Environmental: Electrical heating systems do not create carbon emissions.
- Silent: While operating electric heating systems are significantly quieter than most alternative heating systems.
- Economical: Due to its efficient use of energy and relatively long life, electric heaters can be an extremely cost effective solution for your heating application.
Contact an AccuTherm representative today to discuss the benefits of using an electrical heating system http://accutherm.com/.