The 870 Series Contactor Temperature Control panel is ON/OFF process temperature control and is recommended for applications that do not demand precise temperature control. Systems with two or more heating stages utilize an electronic sequencer (step controller) driven by a proportional output temperature controller to minimize the amount of load cycling while providing good temperature control. The panel is completely assembled, pre-wired, tested, and ready for trouble-free installation and operation. Designed for use in industrial environments and outdoor installations.
STANDARD CONSTRUCTION FEATURES:
• UL Listed/CSA Approved
• NEMA 4/12 Painted Steel Enclosure1
• PID self-tuning temperature controller (adjustable process temperature, with thermocouple input)
• Over-temperature controller (adjustable temperature limit with thermocouple input)
• Disconnecting 50 Amp Contactor for Resistive Loads (per circuit)
• 120 VAC control power transformer with primary and secondary fusing
• Power circuit fusing
• Microprocessor-based sequencer (for panels with two or more heating stages)
• Door interlock disconnect switch
• Manual reset pushbutton with built-in pilot light (red) for “OVER-TEMPERATURE” alarm
• Selector Switch – ON/OFF with built-in pilot light (green) for “POWER ON” indication
• Terminals for customer supplied remote interlock
• Wiring diagram permanently affixed to the inside of the cover
□ Control Relays – These relays are activated by safety devices, such as a flow switch or remote shutoff.
□ Indicator Lights – Additional indicator lights may be specified for visual indication of system status, such as “LOW TEMPERATURE”.
□ Audible Alarm Package – Includes a horn, pilot light, latching relay and a push button for silencing the horn.
□ Low Liquid Cutoff – The relay is mounted and wired with sensing probe shipped loose for field installation.
□ Motor Starter – This package consists of a motor starter for pump motor start-up. Motor starter is internally mounted and field connected to the pump motor.
□ Special Controllers – The customer may specify the use of special process or over-temperature controllers for a different temperature range, sensor input, control mode, etc.
□ Panel Heater – A heater and thermostat are provided to prevent condensation and maintain minimum ambient temperature for electrical components.
□ Wire Markers – Identification markers are attached to both ends of all control and power wires.
□ Tagging of Internal Parts – Permanent tags are attached to the subpanel near internal parts and marked with component titles as noted on the wiring diagram.
□ Explosion-Resistant Panel – A cast aluminum enclosure is rated for Class I, Groups C & D and Class II, Groups E, F & G (NEMA 7, 9).
□ Purged Panels – Type Z for Class I, Division 2 areas; Type X for Class I, Division 1 areas
□ Special Coatings – Epoxy or other paints may be specified.
□ Stainless Steel Panel Enclosure (NEMA 4X) – This construction provides extra corrosion resistance for harsh environments1
(1) Agency listed for NEMA 4 only.
Build your catalog number
CATALOG CONTACTOR CONTROL PANELS
|Max KW 240/3||Max KW 480/3||No. of Circuits||Amps Per Circuit||Catalog Number with Maximum Amps||Dimensions (Inches)||Estimated
*These panels have double doors and 12” high floor stands.